Tips to Buy your Bathroom Vanity
The bathroom vanity is an important element of your home, and by selecting the right size, style, and material, you can help make it more functional. However, how can you make sure the vanity you choose meets all your needs and looks good too? Well, to make things easier, we have listed down the most essential tips to keep in mind while choosing the right bathroom vanity:
1) Measure Your Space:
The first step to buying a bathroom vanity is to measure your space. Be sure to leave sufficient space for doorways, and existing features, such as mirrors, electrical switches, and outlets. Additionally, you should also check the plumbing location in order to determine the vanity's width.
2) Right Vanity Size:
A variety of bathroom vanity cabinet sizes are available, including 24", 30", 36", 42", 48", 60" and 72". Sizes 24" and 30" are recommended for guest bathrooms. 30" is a bit wider, and provides space for additional toiletries in a smaller bathroom. 36" is the most versatile size, having drawers and cabinets for storing the basic toiletries. The 42", 48", 60", and 72" vanities are large enough to be used in master bathrooms.
As you prepare to update your bathroom vanity you can decide to simply refresh the color scheme. While remodeling, you can come up with a more dramatic transformation, consider picking a new color for your bathroom vanity which helps to reinforce and show off the rest of the remodeling work. Some of the popular bathroom vanity colors this year are black, white, shades of brown, grays and greiges, wood-colored, etc.
4) Bathroom Vanity Types:
Whether you choose a simple traditional style or a custom-designed vanity, single or double sink? To achieve the look you want, be sure that you have enough space. Vanities come in 5 basic types:
- Pedestal: Have minimal space requirements and no countertop or storage space.
- Free-standing vanity: This also has a minimal profile, and it is usually shaped in a square or rectangle to accommodate two sinks. Ideal for master bathrooms.
- Floating Vanity units: It is mounted directly on the wall to give your bathroom an open, contemporary look while revealing floor space beneath the vanity.
- Vessel: This style works above your counter with a bowl that rises from the sink area. It is installed separately and has its own tap.
- Under-Mounted Sink: It is a sink mounted below the countertop of your vanity. It provides a sleek, smooth appearance.
5) Long-term durability:
Quality materials make all the difference in the longevity of your bathroom vanity. Make sure that yours stands the test of time with solid surfacing, style, and durability.
Honestly, there’s no right or wrong to choose the best. But the decision is based on many factors like cost, quality, size of the bathroom, material type, ease of installation, etc. Ultimately, it’s best to consider at least all of these, before making a choice.Want to choose the best bathroom vanity to make your bathroom classy? Hera Bathware, based in Melbourne, specializes in all bathroom and kitchen accessories, delivering high-quality products, & great service at an affordable price.