Bathroom Vanities: Wall Hung vs. Free-Standing
Remodeling a bathroom is a big undertaking, which requires many decisions right from layout, colors, lighting,etc. While there is much to consider during a remodel, homeowners should consider having bathroom vanities which bring function and form to a bathroom. Choosing them should be based both on their functionality and style.
So, if 2022 is the year you decide to upgrade your bathroom vanity, then we have gathered details about wall hung & free-standing vanities to help you decide which to choose:
What is a wall-hung vanity?
A wall-hung vanity is attached to the wall instead of standing on the ground. This means there is space beneath the vanity. The wall-hung vanities are available in several sizes, with one to two basins, and can be mounted at varying heights.
1) Space Saving: The wall-hung vanities are much smaller than the more traditional free-standing vanities that have been popular for years. Vanities like these give the impression that the bathroom has much more free space. When you have a small bathroom, a wall hung vanity is a great and practical way to make the most of the space.
2) Stylish: The new wall hung vanities are stylish, modern, streamlined, and futuristic, replacing the bulkier previous models. Because of this feature, it allows for better customization, as they can be installed at any height to accommodate the needs of the user.
3) Easier to Clean: Since there are no legs to interfere with the mopping or vacuuming, cleaning the space underneath the wall-hung vanity is a simple process.
- Installing a wall hung vanity might be more difficult than installing a freestanding vanity.
- Professional installation is necessary to ensure that the fixture is attached properly to the wall
- Strong support frames are needed to hold the vanity up
- Plumbing arrangements can sometimes be complex
- The smaller size of wall hung vanities results in less storage space
What is a free-standing vanity?
A freestanding vanity stands directly on the ground, and it comes with a kickboard that covers the entire space beneath the doors, so it is completely enclosed.
1) Classic and Timeless: This is a classic style that has been popular for years in bathrooms and can be easily changed to fit any bathroom design.
2) Lots of Storage: With plenty of space to store all your bathroom products, it's ideal for keeping your bathroom clean and tidy.
3) Cover up all your plumbing: Freestanding vanities are designed to cover all your plumbing. You won't have to worry about your pipes being in good enough condition to be displayed.
- It takes up more floor space, which can make your bathroom appear less spacious
- Free-standing vanities can leave marks on the floor when you move it or dismantle it. The level of scarring can vary depending on the adhesives used and the tile quality.
- Sometimes, require assembling and interior modification for plumbing supply
Your choice of vanity depends entirely on your needs, functions, and style preference. With so many different style and finish options to choose from, it's important to choose what will really work for you.Looking for the perfect bathroom vanity? Hera Bathware, based in Melbourne delivers modern & high-quality bathroom accessories at an affordable price.