No matter whether you’re remodeling or building a new bathroom, designing it is an exciting and challenging process. With a smart strategy and dimensions in place, it’s easier to set a budget for bathroom designs. As the name suggests, bathroom vanity is of great importance & takes up much attention within a bathroom. With seemingly endless choices available for bathroom vanity cabinets, choosing one best style, from a much-existing variety of options is very difficult.
Bringing in a bathroom vanity can help you change the aesthetic of your bathroom dramatically to any style, including traditional, modern, vernacular or contemporary. Now, let’s take a look at the important considerations that will help you determine the best way to design your bathroom vanity:
1) Choose the Right Space: Every bathroom and its size are different, so are the design needs. So, before just blindly buying a vanity, find the right space which can fit in your bathroom vanity. Start by measuring the height, width, and depth of your space or the existing vanity, and then buy a new one accordingly.
2) Right Vanity Size: From 24”, 30”, 36”, 42”, 48”, 60” and 72” bathroom vanities are available in varying widths which suit tiny guest bathrooms, slightly bigger, or even small bathrooms. Also look at potential obstacles like door swing, shower, toilet, the flow of traffic, etc. before determining the bathroom vanity placement and size.
3) Number of Sinks & Style: Choosing one or two sinks totally depends on the size of your bathroom. A two-sink bathroom vanity is popular in master bedrooms, and it is a great selling point for houses. However, keep in mind that having two sinks in the vanity often results in reduced counter space and requires more plumbing. One or two sinks can be installed on the right/left sides or in the middle and other sections can be used as cabinet doors or standard drawers.
4) Decide the Kind of Storage You Want: Vanity cabinets come with a considerable amount of storage space. But, before you get too excited about the storage, consider the existing space and sizing you settled on. Decide on the storage space limit based on the space available and what you want to store in the future.
5) Preferred Style: Having determined the layout that best suits your bathroom, the next step is to choose the right vanity. While the traditional option is a built-in cabinet, these days you have a plethora of styles of bathroom vanities including timber, free-standing, wall hung, alternative benchtop, and floating.
Additionally, you can also consider the durability of the materials and finishes used, the color, vanity electricals & lighting, the right countertop, sink, etc.
Choosing the right vanity is arguably the most important part of a bathroom renovation, even if it isn’t the most exciting. Ultimately, it is best to consider all of these factors before making a decision, and of course, a professional designer can help you if you have any concerns about your bathroom vanity.
Kickstart your next bathroom vanity renovation or build with Hera Bathware, one of the best bathroom and kitchen retailers based in Melbourne, with an extensive range of products to suit all your bathroom and kitchen needs.